Sunday, October 14, 2007

Musings on escaping a bad political relationship

Voting in an election is not unlike entering into a marriage. They’re both relationships. In the case of voting in a provincial election, you pick a partner with a defined limit of four years.

But what if you want to get out of the marriage earlier? What if the partner that was picked (or foisted on you by others) lies, cheats, steals, abuses you? How do you get out of the bad relationship?

I’m too lazy to research how you turf a provincial government out of office. I think I’ll just move out of the province. As in abusive marital relationships, it’s the abused partner that has to leave to survive.

Newfoundland is looking good to me.

1 comment:

A crazy voter that belongs to Mac`s Gang said...

Some people leave,some are so badly deranged by emotional abuse that they.....make bad choices.
Move people.