FOR BRITTANY, RAMBO, THEIR OWNERS AND
ALL THE DOGS THAT THIS LIBERAL LAW HAS KILLED
SOLELY BECAUSE OF THEIR SHAPE.
Host: Injustice Brampton Dogs on Death Row - Free Them Now
Type: Causes - Rally
Date: Saturday, February 20, 2010
Time: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Location: Brampton City Hall - 2 Wellington Street West, Brampton, ON
We are now holding the mayor of Brampton, Susan Fennell, accountable for the wrongful seizure, detention and threat of death of Brittany and Rambo by Brampton Animal Services.
On Saturday February 20th at 12:00 pm we are holding a peaceful rally in the courtyard of Brampton City Hall in support of the families involved and to voice our disgust with the handling of this situation by City officials.
They have the power to end this and we will be demanding that they step up and do the right thing and return the dogs to their owners.
As pet owners and taxpayers in Ontario we will not stand idly by while our civil rights are violated and our pets are put into harm's way.
Share this event with all you know, as we need to show the City of Brampton and the Province as voters and taxpayers we will not stand for this treatment by elected officials and the departments they manage.
Car pool and organize transportation. Bring signs...let's make a LOT of noise.
Bring your kids and well-behaved dogs (compliant with the breed-specific portion of the Dog Owners' Liability Act, so no other dog is seized by Brampton AC), as this is a matter that concerns the whole family.
Go to SaveOntarioDogs (http://saveontariodogs.com/ if I can't get the clickthrough to work) for more info.
To contact event organizers send email to: saveontariodogs [at] gmail.com
Nota Bella: The province's breed-specific legislation was passed by a whipped vote. Those who objected could have absented themselves, but McGuinty's control is well-known and Liberal backbenchers feared being frozen out. It's time for their consciences to speak loudly, and for ALL Ontario MPPs to vote to pass Cheri DiNovo's Bill 222 to remove breed-specific legislation from the Ontario Dog Owners' Liability Act.
WOO HOO! KC Dog Blog has the text and the cost of Mayor Fennell's full-page ad.
Fiscal irresponsibility runs rampant in Brampton. Add to that $7,291:
- the cost of the Brampton Animal Control officers (paycheques, benefits, vehicles, gas, insurance) ignoring dangerous dogs and seizing peaceful dogs;
- the cost of the vet who demonized these dogs;
- the cost of City workers receiving the e-mails, faxes and snail mail and cruising blogs about this matter;
- the cost of the private security firm and the idling vehicles to “protect” Animal Control office from peaceful protestors (probably to be repeated on the 20th);
- the cost of City lawyers to cooper up an obviously unacceptable “offer” and “negotiate” with the owners and their lawyers;
- the cost of City lawyers and communications people to write the letter printed over Jamie Lowery’s name,
- the cost for the City of Brampton to send letters trying to CIA.
I'm betting on almost a quarter-million dollars. Which Brampton taxpayer will do a Freedom of Information request and get the numbers? Will the City of Brampton pull a McGuinty government and refuse to release the information as it might be "injurious" to the City?
Addendum: Welcome to the City of Brampton personnel cruising this blog. On work hours. Therefore on the taxpayers' nickel. Are you here because you want to be, or because someone ordered you to?