Sunday, October 7, 2007

Shame on you, Laurel Broten

Toronto's municipal code clearly states that election signs cannot exceed a specified square footage. Laurel Broten signs that clearly exceed this maximum area have been erected all over the Etobicoke-Lakeshore riding....how convenient, just before a long weekend when City workers aren't available to take complaints and remove the signs.

You'd think that after Broten's Garage Mahal fiasco, she'd step more carefully.

I am gravely disappointed. This is NOT what I expect of an honourable candidate conducting an honest campaign. And I don't want to hear the "I didn't know, I wasn't responsible, somebody else did it" victim whine. As the great Queen Victoria said....We are not amused.

I know for a fact that the square footage exceeds the maximum permitted area....the signs are too darn tall for me to know definitely whether they exceed the height maximum - which, considering that I'm 5-2 and the maximum is 6 feet, is a pretty good indication that they exceed the height maximum as well as the area maximum.

Look for yourself. The first sign is a legal Barlow sign versus an illegal Broten sign, the second shows the skinny edge of the sign running up the middle of the pic. Now, figure that I'm 5-2 and holding my camera lens at eye level for the edge pic....does that top look higher than 6 feet to you?




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The rules don't apply to Fiberals.

But you knew that...

Get those signs taken down, see if you can get some press coverage while you're at it!

Broten fits right in with the Fibs. Hypocrite of the highest order.