Saturday, October 25, 2008

And this is so very wrong, wrong, wrong.

I am saddened and angered by the Ontario court's decision to uphold Onscario's "pit bull" ban. This is wrong on so many levels, I will post my humble opinion later. In the interim, read Caveat's fine take on this decision. Read one here, and another here.

It is a very sad day when law-abiding citizens are not protected from an unreasonable government. This opens the floodgates for law-
abiding people to be legislated into second-class citizenship and have their property seized by the government on any excuse.

This also plays into the hands of extremists who want to end pet ownership - dogs, cats, birds, whatever.

There is a bigger picture here, and mainstream media has failed badly in its obligation to learn and inform.

I'm with Caveat. I no longer have faith in the courts to protect me from the government.

No comments: